What is a Christian?
We believe that to become a Christian you need to invite the Lord Jesus Christ into your life. The Bible tells us that God loves us unconditionally and wants a relationship with each one of us.
If we repent from our sins and turn to God, He will forgive us and accept us as His children. If you want to accept God’s gift of salvation today through His Son, Jesus Christ, say this prayer from your heart….
“Father, I know that I have broken your laws and my sins have separated me from you. I am truly sorry, and now I want to turn away from my past sinful life toward you. Please forgive me, and help me avoid sinning again. I believe that your son, Jesus Christ died for my sins, was resurrected from the dead, is alive, and hears my prayer. I invite Jesus to become the Lord of my life, to rule and reign in my heart from this day forward. Please send your Holy Spirit to help me obey You, and to do Your will for the rest of my life. In Jesus’ name I pray, Amen.”
If you prayed this prayer today, congratulations!! You are now a child of God and part of God’s family. Now, as a way to grow closer to Him, the Bible tells us to follow up on our commitment.
- Get baptised as commanded by Christ.
- Tell someone else about your new faith in Christ.
- Spend time with God each day. It does not have to be a long period of time. Just develop the daily habit of praying to Him and reading His Word. Ask God to increase your faith and your understanding of the Bible.
- Seek fellowship with other Christians. Develop a group of Christian friends to answer your questions and support you.
- Find a local church where you can worship God